VIP Personal Shopper
Reporting to: VIP Client Services Manager
Date: September 2020
We are looking for a talented sales professional to join our VIP Client Services team. The VIP Client Services team looks after some of our most valuable client relationships and offers a truly bespoke experience. As part of this client centric role, you will be responsible for actively developing key and long lasting relationships with our VIP clients, delivering an exceptional luxury experience and becoming an Ambassador of Dover Street Market New York.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively recruit high potentials and develop VIP relationships
- Establish and manage portfolio of VIP clients
- Actively communicate and provide knowledge of products, trends and services to VIP clients
- Help define action plans for each client and identify new business opportunities
- Support team to build acquisition strategy and actively recruit high potentials
- Host client engagement activities and network at VIP events to develop potential clients
- Support store in driving a client centric mind-set
- Deliver exceptional client service
- Ensure all Dover Street Market standards are maintained
- Represent Dover Street Market as an Ambassador of the brand
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Experience as Personal Shopper in luxury retail, hospitality or lifestyle essential
- Strong portfolio of VIP clients (at least $1.5m sales / year)
- Commercially driven
- Excellent client development and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the luxury market
- Client centric and focused on exceptional service standards
Customer Service and Sales:
- Ensuring the very best levels of customer service at all times
- Selling, directing and driving sales
- Offering a personalised shopping and styling experience to our clients.
- Ensuring that customers are added to the DSMNY Database
- Keeping up to date with all current fashion trends and advising customers accordingly on stock availability at DSMNY
- Maintaining a Customer Book of key clientele and VIP’s
- Leading by example when it comes to follow-up and clienteling.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse at all levels both internally and externally with staff and clientele.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Holding and showing the capacity to shadow more junior members of staff when it comes to sales conversion. Having the ability to be an encouraging and professional mentor.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organised. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless be approachable and have a flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard and always have the intention to drive the business forward.
- Being able to work on several tasks at a time.
- Being capable to work to deadlines / ability to prioritise / optimal time management.
- Retail sales and expertise within a luxury business for at least 7 years
- Specific understanding of the Comme des Garcons Fashion House, aesthetic, consumer and sub-brands. Previous experience in selling CDG brands beneficial
- Specific understanding of all collections and stock availability at DSM
- Client book of potential new business for DSMNY as well as bringing existing clientele
- Attendance and contribution to relevant trainings (i.e. clienteling, sales development, etc) beneficial
- Language skills beneficial
- Knowledge of Retail Pro beneficial