Sales Associate (Pocket Specialist) – Full time
Reporting to: Floor Manager / Assistant Store Manager
Date: September 2019
The Pocket Specialist’s main objective is to provide an outstanding customer experience, meeting/exceeding sales targets and ensuring that the floor is well maintained and stocked at all times. Focusing on all details with a firm, clear and highly professional approach.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Customer Service and Sales:
- Ensuring the very best levels of customer service at all times.
- Strong understanding of product knowledge with particular attention of the Pocket Space.
- Offering a personalised shopping and styling experience to our clients; able to navigate all spaces in the building while always prioritizing Pocket Space sales/needs.
- Delivering personal monthly and seasonal sales targets, as well as Pocket Space sales targets, always communicating and working closely with the team to do so.
- Ensuring that customers are added to the DSM Database, and clientelled proactively.
- Keeping up to date with all current fashion trends and advising customers accordingly on stock availability at DSM.
- Maintaining a Customer Book of key clients and VIP’s.
- Maintaining open communication with CDG stores/pocket space to ensure consistency in service and strategy as we build success in the NY market as a whole.
Stock and Brand Management:
- Brand Ambassador, taking ownership of the Pocket Space.
- Keeping Pocket Space replenished, and ensuring BOH standards are organized.
- Regular stock checks in partnership with Inventory Manager.
- Proactive in creating new systems of inventory management in order to reduce shrink, and increase sales.
- Clear understanding and maintenance of Pocket Space VM standards, as well as overall VM standards in the store and on the floor.
- Strong communications skills; able to express needs to management, and work well in a team to ensure clear understanding of Pocket Space expectations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse at all levels both internally and externally.
- A self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, motivated and organised. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Structured but approachable, with a flexible outlook able to adapt to the changes in the business.
- Able to multi-task in order to drive the business forward.
- Retail sales and expertise within a high-end/luxury business for at least 2 years
- Specific understanding of the Comme des Garcons Fashion House, aesthetic, consumer and sub-brands. Previous experience in selling CDG brands beneficial
- Specific understanding of all collections and stock availability at DSM
- Client book of potential New Business for DSM
- Attendance to relevant trainings (i.e. clienteling, sales development..) beneficial
- Language skills beneficial
- Knowledge of Retail Pro beneficial