Reporting to: Café Manager
Indirect: Rose and Jean-Charles Carrarini, Vice President
Date: March 2018
Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food was brought to the ground floor of Dover Street Market New York in 2013.
The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as the Assiette de Legumes, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers.
Rose Bakery New York is seeking a Pastry Chef to work alongside the Savory Chef at our New York City establishment. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the Café Manager and managing daily activities of the pastry side of the business.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure offerings and ingredient selections are in accordance with the Rose Bakery philosophy and standards.
- Create seasonal and daily pastries with variety and quality.
- Mix and bake a variety of pastry items including but not limited to breads, batters, doughs, creams, custards and beverage bases.
- Comply with and enforce hygiene and food safety standards.
- Regulate general cleaning and maintenance of all bakery areas including the kitchen, dry storage and walk in.
- Provide line cooks with clear directives and guidance.
- Assist with sourcing and placing all food and non-food orders.
- Work closely with the Café Manager, Head Chef and Rose Bakery principles/owners.
- Creative, Simple, Seasonal, Top Quality Food
- Seamless Operations
- Controlled Costs
- Sales Results
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated individual able converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the every changing needs of the business.
- Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Excellent Pastry Chef who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Able to assist Head Chef with building the pastry side of the business.