Part Time Server
Reporting to: Head Pastry Chef/Café Manager
Date: April 2019
Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food was brought to the ground floor of Dover Street Market New York in 2013.
The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as the Assiette de Legumes, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers.
Rose Bakery New York is seeking a Server to join our New York City establishment. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring that patrons have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help patrons select food and beverages by presenting the menu and making suggestions.
- Stay updated on menu choices and daily specialties.
- Provide excellent, well executed customer service by responding to patron requests, inquiring of needs and observing the dining process.
- Transmit orders to the kitchen.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or as directed by the Café Manager.
- Promptly address customer service issues.
- Contribute to the team effort.
- Consistently adhere to grooming and appearance standards.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated individual able converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the every changing needs of the business.
- Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Innate sense of hospitality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Past professional service experience.
- Wine and beer knowledge a plus.
- A desire to always seek improvements.
- General understanding of Department of Health food safety standards.
- Cleanliness and organization