Inventory Control Manager
Reporting to: Head of Buying and Merchandising
Date: January 2018
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Inventory. This role will be fully responsible for the set-up and subsequent stock control, administration and customer service for the Dover Street Market New York store.
- Working together with the Merchandising team and store staff to ensure that stock is well managed and maintained throughout the business.
- Ensure timely delivery of all merchandise to the store.
- Ensuring that stock records are well maintained, up-to-date and discrepancies are minimised.
- Handling and management of non-inventory items.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and ensure correct receiving of bi-weekly deliveries.
- Liaising with Global Comme des Garcons and Dover Street Market offices as needed.
- Contact with all suppliers throughout the entire season.
- Movement of stock between store and warehouses
- Regular contact to store, warehouse, arrange and oversee bi-weekly deliveries
- Stock Checks – conducting both weekly rolling and quarterly stock takes to ensure that the stock records are well maintained and up-to-date and discrepancies are minimised.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies.
- Supervision of warehouse costs and operations.
- Work closely with LP to minimise operational risk.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard and be flexible to drive the business forward.
- Able to work and understand both detailed work and the broader picture.
- Capable to work to deadlines/ ability to prioritize/ optimal time management
- Multi-disciplined, multi-tasker
- Knowledge of Retail Pro Preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Detail Oriented
- Highly organized
- Knowledge of Customs’ regulations