Reporting to: Head Chef
Date: December 2018
Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food will be brought to Los Angeles in conjunction with the opening of Dover Street Market Los Angeles in Summer 2018.
The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as Plate of Salad and Vegetables, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers.
Cook menu items in accordance with Rose Bakery standards and in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare food, chop vegetables, butcher meat, prepare sauces and all other ingredients.
- Comply with and enforce hygiene and food safety standards.
- Assist other cooks during the food assembly process.
- Season food according to recipes and in accordance with the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Help devise new recipes.
- Assist Head Chef with ordering food and other supplies.
- Clean up after business hours.
- Creative, Simple, Seasonal, Top Quality Food
- Seamless Operations
- Controlled Costs
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated individual able converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Excellent cook who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Able to assist Head Chef with preparing delicious meals.