Chef de Partie
Reporting to: Head Chef and Bakery Manager
Date: January 2018
Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food will be brought to Los Angeles in conjunction with the opening of Dover Street Market Los Angeles in Summer 2018.
The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as Plate of Salad and Vegetables, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers.
Work with head chef to prepare and cook menu items in accordance to Rose Bakery standards and in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare food, chop vegetables, butcher meat, prepare sauces and all other ingredients.
- Comply with and enforce hygiene and food safety standards.
- Assist other cooks during the food assembly process.
- Assist head chef with ordering food and other supplies.
- Assist chef with maintaining high standards of food preparation and service.
- Creative, Simple, Seasonal, Top Quality Food
- Seamless Operations
- Controlled Costs
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated individual
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Excellent cook who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.