Chef de Partie
Reporting to: Head Chef and Cafe Manager
Date: September 2019
Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food was brought to the ground floor of Dover Street Market New York in 2013.
The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as the Assiette de Legumes, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers.
Rose Bakery New York is seeking a Chef de Partie to join our New York City establishment. The selected candidate will be responsible for preparing and cooking menu items in accordance with Rose Bakery standards.
- A highly motivated individual.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the every changing needs of the business.
- Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Excellent cook who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business. Innate sense of hospitality.
- Prepare food, chop produce, butcher meat, prepare sauces and other ingredients.
- Comply with and enforce hygiene and food safety standards.
- Assist other cooks during the food assembly process.
- Assist head chef with ordering food and other supplies.
- Assist chef with maintaining high standards of food preparation and service.
- Execute service. Help patrons select food and beverages by presenting the menu and making suggestions.
- Past professional service experience.
- Wine and beer knowledge a plus.
- A desire to always seek improvements.
- General understanding of Department of Health food safety standards.
- Cleanliness and organization