Assistant Store Manager
Direct Report: General Manager
Indirect Report: Vice-President
Date: March 2019
Working with the Store Management team and assuming responsibility for the overall management of Dover Street Market New York. The ideal candidate is someone who can infiltrate the business working at all levels overseeing every detail and working with a firm, clear and very professional management style.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Instilling a common sense of standards and creating a culture of professionalism throughout the whole store using an industrious, calm and measured management approach.
- Ensuring policies, operational standards and procedures are communicated, understood and implemented while also proposing any actions for improvement.
- Maintaining the highest standard of housekeeping both on and off the sales floor at all times.
Customer Service and Sales:
- Delivering the monthly and seasonal sales targets and working closely with the team to do so.
- Providing strong presence and leadership on the shop floor. Maximizing sales through strong floor supervision, mentorship and personally selling.
- Translating strategic and business goals into concrete and individual actions and objectives.
- Ensuring the growth and development of the Management and Retail Teams, identifying and initiating any specific training needs.
- Recruiting and selecting staff.
- Assisting with the weekly staff rota and optimum allocation of staff to ensure operational efficiency.
- Assisting with the implementation of induction program and ongoing training initiatives.
- Ensuring that the statutory Health and Safety Regulations are pro-actively adhered to and dealt with.
Operational / Day-to-Day:
- Responsible for the smooth opening and closing of the store each day.
- Delivering concise and motivating morning briefings to set the tone for the day. Communicate figures, snapshot of the day, highlights, lowlights and suggestions to improve the business.
- Ensuring the accurate and correct use of Retail Pro by staff members.
- Daily meeting to advise specific targets / objectives for the day ahead.
- Assisting with Facilities Management – ensuring alarm, fire and Building Maintenance Systems and general upkeep are well maintained and advising the Operations Manager of any problems.
- Manage high level cleanliness at all times.
- Assisting with the management of third parties (cleaners, security) including regular review of performance and contracts.
Financial / Reporting:
- Together with the SM/VP, establish monthly / weekly targets for the store, departments and individuals.
- Weekly meetings with Floor Managers to review and assess departmental performance.
- Generate daily sales report to send to Paris / Tokyo.
- Weekly meeting with VP.
- End of season report to be sent to Paris / Tokyo.
- Assisting with keeping costs to a minimum.
- Assisting with the correct management of stock systems.
- Maintaining a high level of vigilance at all times and ensuring shrinkage is kept to an absolute minimum. Formally reporting any losses immediately.
- Regular inspection of all stock rooms to ensure standards are maintained and raising any concerns to Store Manager and Merchandising Manager.
- Creating a strong sales driven retail team and training them on DSMNY policies.
- Setting the standard for the seamless operation and functioning of the store.
- Ensure the provision of the very best customer service levels and total professionalism at all times.
- The achievement of key financial targets.
- The achievement of sales targets.
- A well organized and well-motivated store.
- Service and standards
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse on all levels both internally and externally.
- A self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations during high volume selling periods.
- Structured and organized but possesses an approachable and flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard and drive the business forward.
- Capable of prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Must possess at least 3 years of store management experience in the luxury retail business.
- Strong management skills in a luxury environment. Must have a mature, energetic and hands on approach to staff management. Ability to form open, respectful and trusting relationship with all members of the team.