Assistant Manager – Front of House
Reporting to: Head Pastry Chef/Café Manager
Date: January 2018
Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food was brought to the ground floor of Dover Street Market New York in 2013.
The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as the Assiette de Legumes, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head Pastry Chef/Café Manager and managing daily activities of the business.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and Commuter benefits are offered after successfully completing 90 days of employment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide inspirational leadership and have the drive to lead and motivate a small front of the house team.
- Oversee the maintenance of a clean work environment and ensure sanitation standards are being met.
- Ensure all FOH employees are aware of and fulfilling job responsibilities
- FOH recruitment and training.
- Drive and develop currant beverage program.
- Maintain and grow bakery retail shelves, products, and vendor relations.
- FOH employee scheduling.
- Assist Café Manager in any other tasks needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated individual able converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the every changing needs of the business.
- Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Rose Bakery philosophy.
Skills & Requirements:
- 1-3 years experience in a similar managerial role
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Able to assist the Head Pastry Chef/Café Manager with building the business.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Wine and beer knowledge preferable
- Passion for growth and a desire to always seek improvements
- Love for local, sustainable and organic food and beverage
- Cleanliness and organization
- Strong communicator.
- Team player mentality